The Communications and Outreach Intern will assist in League of Chicago Theatres and Hot Tix marketing efforts by maintaining website content, advancing promotional and partner relationships, preparing for upcoming events, and working to increase the visibility of Chicago’s theatre community. The position requires 15-20 hours per week, and the internship is unpaid. The League will work with the intern to receive school credit, if desired. The Communications and Outreach Intern will also have the opportunity to attend theatre performances and a variety of professional development and networking events.
- Input show information and monitor all data for accuracy and comprehensiveness on ChicagoPlays.com
- Work with the Advertising and Marketing Manager and the Administrative Assistant to create and implement distribution plans for Chicago Theatre Week flyers and posters (Jan, Feb) and Summer Theatre Guides (May)
- Input and properly maintain data in Constant Contact and Salesforce
- Assist in preparing for Chicago Theatre Week (Feb), the League of Chicago Theatres Annual Gala (May), and other winter/spring events
- Greet office guests and answer phone calls as needed
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- Currently in college, or a recent graduate
- High attention to detail
- Friendly and adventurous personality with a love for meeting new people
- High communication, tech, and editing skills
- Experience with Constant Contact and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of the Chicago theatre community
- Strong work ethic with a desire to learn and grow
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to Hayley Ross, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 13, 2019. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com