This key member of Athenaeum Theatre Productions (ATP) team is responsible for the day-to-day operations, creation, and implementation of communication and marketing plans for our multi-venue facility. In addition, this position manages ad design and trafficking, and works with the General Manager and Business Manager to create meaningful partnerships in the community around the theatre’s programming. Below is the list of normal job duties, but it is not exhaustive. This position will interface with Box Office staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of all public information regarding productions and events at the Athenaeum Theatre.
Communications & Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the GM on communications and marketing strategy and implementation.
• Manage and maintain shared calendars across the organization.
• Identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
• Track and analyze marketing effectiveness.
• Monitor and respond appropriately to feedback from post-show communications and on-line reviews in a timely manner.
• Oversee maintenance of ATP social media accounts.
• Determine list segmentation strategy for direct mail, email, and online advertising.
• Supervise Marketing Assistant in the creation of lists, as well as coordinating list acquisitions/trades.
• Update and maintain event and venue information on website as necessary.
• Request proposals and negotiate advertising contracts with media outlets, and related vendors.
• Effective use of the CRM system (OvationTix)—ensuring data entry integrity to allow for targeted, personalized communications with patrons.
• Design and produce marketing materials including electronic slideshows, restaurant partner flyers, one-pagers, posters, in-house digital signage, and more as needed.
• Create a comprehensive marketing campaign for ATP Programming, that may include print, digital, radio, TV, outdoor and more, based on the exploratory process to be approved by the GM & Business Manager.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with vendors, producing partners, community and neighborhood partners, and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of marketing and communications experience preferred.
• The proper candidate must be willing and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Highly literate in Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word and Excel).
• Familiar with Google office software (Mail, Calendar, Forms, Analytics, etc.)
• Proactive attitude and readiness to pitch in wherever needed.
• Experience with email marketing (MailChimp ideal).
• Basic graphic design skills (Pic Monkey or similar).
• Collegial attitude and a positive, helpful approach to teamwork.
• Facility with a CRM software system—knowledge of OvationTix highly preferred.
• Ability to concentrate in an energetic open office environment.
• Working knowledge of IT networking helpful.
• Spanish language proficiency (ideal).
• Lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Comfortable working extended hours when performance schedule demands, including evenings and weekends when necessary.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits package. Competitive salary is based on work experience.
Instructions to Apply
Athenaeum Theatre Productions is an equal opportunity employer in a facility that is ADA compliant. Candidates should email resume with cover to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Athenaeum Theatre Productions, 2936 N Southport Ave, Chicago, Il 60657
Candidates should email resume with cover to email@example.com or mail to Athenaeum Theatre Productions, 2936 N Southport Ave, Chicago, Il 60657
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org