Position Available Seamstress, Spring Musical Children’s Theatre of Winnetka
Children’s Theater of Winnetka (CTW) performs two musicals each year – one in the fall and a second in the spring. Each production is led by one or two directors and is supported by an Assistant Director, Musical Director, Producers, a working Board of Directors, technical professionals, and a team of parent volunteers who stage manage, work in costumes, props, publicity, ticket sales, hair and makeup, etc.
The musical is double cast with 35-40 performers in each cast. There are a total of six performances (three per cast). Performances run Thursday, Friday, two on Saturday and two on Sunday.
Children’s Theatre of Winnetka is seeking an experienced Seamstress for their Spring Musical, The Lion King, Jr.
The ideal Seamstress candidate will have experience working on theatrical productions and ideally in youth theatre. The candidate will have a strong track record working on productions for 3-5 years as well as strong and communication skills required to collaborate with volunteers, professional colleagues, our partners at the Winnetka Community House, parents and child performers. Seamstress should be accustom to handling a large amount of alterations in a timely manner.
• Meet with Director and Producers to look at final list of rentals by character with cast list and finalize vision by character
• Source what we are not renting (attic, other options, make items and/or alter items we are using from attic…).
Before March 17, 2020
• Fittings of characters not rented, prior to receiving rental costumes.
• Fittings must take place during rehearsal periods. Tuesdays and Thursdays 4pm – 8pm and/or Saturdays 9am – 1pm
March 30, 2020 – April 17, 2020
• Fittings of rental costumes after we receive the costumes on 3/30.
• Fittings must take place during rehearsal periods. Tuesdays and Thursdays 4pm – 8pm and/or Saturdays 9am – 1pm.
• Alter rental costumes (where needed)
April 18 – 19, 2020 – TECH weekend
• Present for Tech weekend. April 18th 9am – 5pm (approximately), April 19th 12pm – 6pm (approximately)
• Alterations/fix issues
April 21 – 22, 2020 – Dress Rehearsals,
• Present for Dress Rehearsals, 4pm – 9pm (approximately)
• Alterations/fix issues
April 23 – 26 – 6 Performances
• Be available show weekend should any alterations need to be adjusted/fixed.
April 26 – April 28
• Be present for Strike (Sunday, 4/26 at 5pm) to help reverse alterations.
About Children’s Theatre of Winnetka:
Children’s Theatre of Winnetka is a not-for-profit organization operating under the auspices of Winnetka Community House. CTW was founded in 1974 by Winnetka residents and performers, Barbara Weldon and Lu Sunkel to give children interested in performing arts the same level of opportunity as children who participated in organized sports activities. The goal of CTW is to teach and involve children in all aspects of a musical theater production – both on stage and behind stage, and to provide a safe, collaborative and supportive environment for children to gain confidence, develop their performance skills, grow as performers and individuals, and develop an appreciation for the arts. For more information, visit: www.childrenstheatrewinnetka.com
Interested candidates should submit a resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to submit any visuals that support your work. Qualified candidates will complete an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com