League of Chicago Theatres
Digital Media Manager
League of Chicago Theatres
17 N. Wabash, Suite #520
Chicago, IL 60602
Salary: $55,000 Full Time 9:00 AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday
Work Model: Hybrid, LOCT team is in office 3 days a week (T, Th, Fr) and remote 2 days a week (Mon, Wed). *In office days may be adjusted to extend beyond 3 days for high-capacity projects with advance notice. This position does require offsite visits, in person meetings, attendance at events and off schedule hours.
Direct Report: Marketing Director
About the Organization: League of Chicago Theatres (LOCT) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support, promote and advocate for Chicago’s theatre industry. Through our work, we ensure that theatre continues to thrive in our city. We represent an alliance of over 200 theatres throughout the city of Chicago providing professional development, fundraising and regranting, artistic programming, advocacy, audience engagement and ticketing services. Our membership encompasses a diverse list of companies including not-for-profit and commercial operations, suburban and city-based, all-volunteer storefront operations and large regional theatres. This diverse and supportive ecosystem is a strength of our community and encourages us as a service organization to offer a wide variety programming to meet the varied needs of our member theatres.
About the Opportunity: The Digital Media Manager supports the marketing team with the planning and executing of content marketing campaigns, optimizing our digital infrastructure processes, and creation of digital and print assets to be utilized by the entire organization. Some of the role’s specific and essential tasks may include:
- Implement distribution plans for the League’s Summer, Fall, and Holiday Theatre Guides
- Assist the Marketing Director to coordinate member participation in events and facilitate communication between League staff and volunteers, outside entities, and members.
- Document League participation in events and post on League social media as needed.
- Create event signage and engagement activities.
- Direct and write specifically crafted copy across various customer
- Engage with social media influencers for collaboration
- Manage a clean and effective CMS.
- Improving social engagement with both theatres and theatre-goers
- Optimize website content for search engines.
- Research additional outlets (events, digital, etc.) for the League and Hot Tix to expand its reach.
- Drafting multiple types of content including:
- Website and social media copy
- Marketing materials, including client alerts and newsletters
- Internal communications
- Occasional delivery of marketing materials and website content updates.
- Represent the League at select events and activities.
- Design Logos, Graphics, and Printed Materials such as flyers, posters, and printed advertising to fit the look and feel of each campaign and the League’s brand
- Design the League’s professionally printed Fall, Holiday, and Summer Theatre Guides
- Capture and edit video content for the League’s social media pages and websites
- Chicagoplays.com: Manage the look and layout, problem solve issues with WordPress/Venture, make improvements, and ensure the site is relevant and valuable to current and potential theatre-goers.
- Leagueofchicagotheatres.org: Work alongside the Director of Programs and Membership Manager to ensure the site content is best supporting theatre industry professionals and creators
- Hottix.org: Work alongside the Hot Tix Manager to ensure content is accurate and make improvements to grow sales.
- Help create Chicago Theatre Week emails and other campaign-type emails, as well as regular ‘ChicagoPlays Extra’ emails
- Social Media
- Create and manage theatre-related content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok utilizing both posts and stories. Share content that is inclusive, professional, and on brand.
- Engage with other users on the platform and respond to questions/comments in a timely manner.
Experience & Knowledge
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through < 3 years of work experience in development, nonprofit management, alumni relations, marketing, public relations, or similar professional work experience.
Candidates should have demonstrated ability of:
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Has a demonstrated ability to pull information from multiple sources and synthesize content into well-constructed deliverables
- Graphic Design (For Digital and Print) Experience – Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva preferred.
- Video Editing Capabilities – Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro/Rush preferred.
- Is technologically savvy including back-end website proficiency and social media skills
- Is highly focused and enjoys working within our process-driven model
- Is extremely detail-oriented and willing to proof deliverables multiple times to ensure the highest-quality content
- Can work independently, prioritize multiple projects and manage time effectively.
- Will thrive in our fast-paced culture.
- Wants to learn and develop as a communications and marketing professional
- Extensive knowledge of social media marketing
- Experience in and familiarity with marketing plans and the Chicago advertising landscape
- A genuine interest in copy writing and bringing a brand to life through words.
- Great organizational skills and workflow management to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and within budget.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace and WordPress.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Commitment to social justice and racial equity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, and partners.
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development as well as team and self-evaluation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively in person and in writing with colleagues and external partners representing a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds (e.g. financial, legal, regulatory, design/construction, and property residents);
- Manage and effectively prioritize simultaneous and competing activities and demands;
- Effectively track data in excel or other online platform;
- Remain organized, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines, and
- Take initiative and exemplify motivation to work towards LOCT’s prescribed mission.
Applicants must include:
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- Three references (required)
- Portfolio Sample: Graphic Design Example, Sample Video Project, or Sample Social Media Content Examples
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Pay Frequency: Employees are paid on the 15th and last day of each month
- Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Requires Compliance with LOCT Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
LOCT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 312-554-9804 or submit a request via email@example.com All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check.
LOCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workforce.
Send Resume, Cover Letter, References, and Portfolio Sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com