Drury Lane Theatre and Events
Drury Lane Theatre and Events provides exceptional experiences of celebration and human connection provided by a team that is encouraged to grow personally and professionally through trust, empowerment and possibility. Our mission is to welcome everyone into our home to create, connect, celebrate and share valuable moments to last a lifetime. The Drury Lane legacy has established an environment where everyone is respected, supported and welcomed to fully immerse themselves in a shared experience of creativity and celebration.
Drury Lane Theatre
Drury Lane Theatre provides top-quality productions fueled by creativity, insight, and innovation. We offer the opportunity to encounter contemporary works, embrace the power of traditional productions, and explore the boundaries of reimagined classics. Our mission is to provide the Chicagoland community with a theatrical venue to experience the power of theatre, touching the hearts and minds of our audiences.
We immerse and support our artists and audiences in the exploration of what it means to be human and to experience the transcending power of the performing and visual arts.
We provide a home for our staff and artists, that embraces a broad definition of diversity, encompassing all characteristics that make individuals and groups different from each other.
We encourage diversity in thought, ideas and perspectives and offer respect in words and actions for all. We believe in the impartial and fair treatment of everyone, offering access, opportunity and advancement for every individual, working to eliminate the barriers that have prevented full participation for all. We strive to create an environment in which every individual or group is welcomed, respected, supported, valued and able to fully experience and participate in this transformative art form.
Position Designation: Independent Contractor, Seasonal: Full time – Jan 2, 2023 to April 20, 2023
Position Reports To: Costume Shop Manage
Opportunity: Drury Lane Theatre is seeking a dynamic team player who will work closely with a team of costume technicians to create and alter garments to industry standards in an efficient manner.
Essential Knowledge Required:
· Proficient knowledge of costume construction and alteration skills.
· Strong skills in the use of and proficient understanding of the many types of domestic and industrial sewing machines, sergers, steam irons, and heat presses.
· Proven ability to productively and effectively function as a member of a team.
· Demonstrate ability to handle a high volume of work and attend to numerous projects concurrently.
General Job Function:
· Arrive to work promptly and regularly.
· Accept direction and establish effective work relationships
· Concentrate effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise, and firmness.
· Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of guests and staff.
· Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
· Present proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
· Reliable transportation is required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information, required to be in a stationary seated position, use hands and fingers to grab and reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds, specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and specific hearing abilities
Pay and Benefits
Starting at $17.00 an hour, commensurate of experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Boylan, Costume Shop Manager at N.Boylan@DruryLane.com
Drury Lane Theatre & Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org