Under direct supervision of Production Manager, the Theatre Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Casting Director/Company Manager, and Production Manager with administrative tasks that support and promote Drury Lane Theatre’s daily and long-term operations.
Essential Job Functions
Casting and Company Management Specific Job Functions
1. Creating and filing weekly royalty reports.
2. Filing and tracking rehearsal, audition, production travel, and casting expenses.
3. Processing weekly actor payroll including union reports and benefits.
4. Creating and updating production contact sheets and conflict calendars.
5. Organizing and filing all headshots.
6. Assisting with audition scheduling.
7. Collecting bios and headshots from actors and artistic personnel for the Playbill and website.
8. Creating a Playbill draft with all relevant copy and materials for each production.
9. Processing and coding invoices and artistic personal reimbursement check requests.
10. Ordering and packaging opening night gifts.
11. Assisting the Casting Director/Company Manager with opening night duties, including distributing opening night gifts, preparing ticket envelopes, and distributing tickets 30 minutes prior to the show.
12. Executing and filing Actor contracts and new hire paperwork, sending contracts to actors and agents for signing, and submitting signed contracts to Equity.
13. Collecting, submitting, and returning ticket requests and hotel requests.
14. Sending complimentary tickets to the Producer’s approved list two weeks before the first performance of every production.
15. Creating digital copies of production rental materials (librettos and orchestra books) when necessary and facilitating their return.
16. Making travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries for out-of-town artists.
17. Attending to out-of-town artists’ needs including, but not limited to:
a. Collecting meal orders.
b. Suggesting doctor’s offices, salons, etc.
c. Facilitating the return shipment of personal items.
Production Management Specific Job Functions
1. Executing Creative team members’ contract, submitting them for signing by the Producer, distributing them for signatures from the Artist, and filing and tracking them upon return.
2. Creating, tracking, and filing check requests for Creatives’ fees and union dues.
3. Filing and tracking Creative team salary and benefits payments.
4. Creating, tracking, and filing check requests and invoice payments for vendors for the production department.
5. Processing weekly crew and musician’s payroll including union reports and benefits.
6. Placing and tracking product orders for the production departments as needed, including purchasing and/or picking up equipment during changeover and tech.
7. Taking notes for the weekly Theatre Meeting and Department Heads Meeting.
8. Assisting the Production Manager with other duties as they arise and are assigned.
General Job Functions
1. Coming to work promptly and regularly.
2. Taking direction and working well with others.
3. Managing personal work flow effectively.
4. Completing tasks assigned in a timely manner.
5. Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally.
6. Concentrating and performing accurately.
7. Behaving professionally within the work environment.
8. Performing other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Knowledge Required
· Bachelor’s Degree – Theatre or Arts Administration preferred.
· This is an entry level position.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com