Drury Lane Theatre & Events seeks Box Office Associate responsible for providing superior customer service to all patrons while selling performance tickets, dining packages, and theatre subscriptions. Ideal candidate possesses excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a passion for live entertainment. Box Office Associates must be friendly, upbeat, and excited to work in a bustling, fast-paced environment, assisting patrons both in person and over the phone. Box Office Associates are compensated for training.
- Assist customers with ticket purchases and exchanges via telephone and in-person at the Box Office window
- Assist current Subscribers with the processing of subscription renewals, including change orders
- Address customer questions and/or concerns while providing excellent customer service
- Handle cash and sensitive payment information
- Effectively communicate with patrons on the phone and in person about Drury Lane Theatre, Lucille Restaurant, and Drury Lane’s Events department
- Assist patrons with their Drury Lane Account Manager, the Drury Lane website, and Ticketmaster.com
- Provide directions, general information, etc. to patrons in-person and over the phone
- Basic office duties as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of live events—knowledge of live theatre preferred
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Positive, customer-focused attitude
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Oakbrook Terrace, where public transportation is extremely limited
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Box Office Associates must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, walk, and speak and listen in-person and via telephone
- Multilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Experience with Ticketmaster preferred, but not required
Full-time and part-time available. 15-40 per week depending on theatre schedule; daytime, evening, weekend, and some holiday hours are required. All Box Office Associates must undergo background checks.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to Careers@DruryLane.com. Hiring is conditional on an approved background check.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@DruryLane.com