Under the general supervision of the Production Manager, the Company Manager is responsible for the contracting, travel, and housing for the cast, creative team, and musicians of each Drury Lane production. Responsibilities include working with the Production Manager to create short- and long-range calendars and budgets; executing actor, stage manager, and musician contracts; managing budgets, petty cash, actor payroll, and expense processing; and trouble shooting and addressing issues and concerns brought forward from cast, crew, and creative teams.
Specific Job Responsibilities
1. Working with the Production Manager to create and manage the following budgets for all productions: Cast Salary/Benefits, Creative Team Salary/Benefits, Casting, Royalties, Amusement Tax, Rehearsal Expenses, and Production Travel.
2. Working with the Production Manager and other Drury Lane Production and Martinique Drury Lane Managers to create and manage short- and long-range calendars for all productions and events.
3. Creating and executing Actor, Stage Management, and Music Programmer contracts, working within Equity and American Federation of Musicians Collective Bargaining Agreements and standard non-union agreements.
4. Managing cast, crew, musician, and creative team travel arrangements, including transportation and lodging.
a. Meeting out-of-town actors when they arrive at Drury Lane.
b. Overseeing the Drury Lane car arrangements and transponder, mileage, and gas needs for actors and creatives when in residence.
5. Managing cast needs when in residence, including mail, shipping, and other personal needs, within reason.
6. Managing cast and stage management payroll, including ensuring accurate reporting from stage management is delivered to the payroll department.
7. Partnering with Marketing and PR for all media events requiring members of the cast, including but not limited to: B-Roll, photoshoots, and interviews.
8. Managing petty cash and processing cast and creative team reimbursements.
9. Managing actor and crew accident reports, including ensuring that any on-the-job incidents are being reported accurately, ensuring that the injured actor or crew member receives proper treatment, and accompanying them to the doctor or ER if necessary.
10. Obtaining and delivering information for the production Playbill, including making necessary edits and submitting to Playbill on time.
11. Attending all production meetings and all technical rehearsals.
12. Managing all cast, crew, musician, and creative ticket requests, including assigning seats for press opening night, distributing tickets on the night of press opening, and coordinating ticket exchanges with other theatre companies.
13. Working with the Theatre Administrative Assistant to keep the kitchen aware of actor and creative numbers and scheduled meal times and assuring that out-of-town artists have meals provided when the kitchen is not open.
General Job Responsibilities
1. Coming to work promptly and regularly.
2. Taking direction and working well with others.
3. Managing personal work flow effectively.
4. Completing tasks assigned in a timely manner.
5. Problem solving and reacting to change productively and professionally.
6. Behaving professionally within the work environment.
7. Performing other tasks as assigned.
A shared Theatre Administrative Assistant reports to this position.
1. Directing the workflow of others.
2. Hiring and training additional staff as needed.
3. Implementing theatre policies.
Experience and Knowledge Required
· Minimum requirements: BA, BS, orBFA, Theatre Preferred.
· 2-3 years’ experience in company management.
· Familiarity with all aspects of theatre (production, technical, and performance).
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Comfortable handling highly confidential information.
· Reliable transportation is required.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org