Under direct supervision of the Human Resource Director, the Payroll and Accounts Receivable Clerk will perform duties within the payroll, human resources, and accounting departments. They must be able to compile and record employee time and payroll data, process employees’ time worked, production, and commissions, and be responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. The clerk will serve as an auditor; collecting, maintaining, analyzing, and processing deposits and invoices ensuring all are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review time reports for accuracy and completeness
- Compile payroll data such as, but not limited to garnishments, vacation time, and insurance
- Input employee information into ADP payroll system
- Adjusts timecard entries as necessary
- Calculates retro pay when applicable
- Responds to employee inquiries in timely manner regarding payroll and benefits information and trouble-shoots to resolve employee payroll and benefits concerns
- Update and maintain employee file, payroll, and benefit records
- Assist with FMLA requests
- Accurately track paid time off for eligible employees
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies
- Prepares weekly reports for accountant
- Enters data into software systems in place
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Google Mail and Calendar
- ADP experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable handling highly confidential information
- Human Resources capacity
- Financial Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Judgment
- Problem Solving
- Willingness and ability to accept more responsibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopies, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, converse with, and exchange information, required to be in stationary position at least 50% of the time, use hands and fingers to grab and reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to run, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds, specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and specific hearing abilities include ability to answer and communicate via telephone.
This position does not require you to travel.
Required Education and Experience:
Associates degree or comparable work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferable.
Email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org