Drury Lane Theatre
Position Designation: Contract- Stipend
Contract Duration: May 22, 2023 – June 29, 2023
Position Purpose and Objectives
Under the direct supervision of the Costume Designer, the Costume Design Assistant is responsible for assisting in support and implementation of the Costume Designer’s vision. The Costume Design Assistant is responsible for collaborating with the Costume Designer, Costume Director and costume shop staff in sourcing/purchasing of costume items, materials and elements for the production; preparing for and assisting with the fittings process; being present for the technical rehearsal process; upholding and mainitaing the designer’s vision and the quality standards of Drury Lane Theatre; and attending meetings for with the artistic the production teams as needed.
Specific Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
1. Assisting with the sourcing and purchasing of costume items, fabric, accessories, undergarments, etc. as needed to fulfill the Designers vision and to remain within budget as set by the Costume Director. Being available and willing to source items via the internet, local stores, etc.
2. Assisting with pulling necessary costume pieces from the Drury Lane Warehouse.
3. Updating costume piece and tracking paperwork with the Designer and Costume Director.
4. Preparing for and participating in all costume fittings including prepping fitting room prior to fitting, taking notes as neede, clearing room of all items and after fitting.
5. Mainting the vision of the Costume Designer and the aesthictic and quality level expected from Drury Lane Theatre.
6. Returning all items purchased for the production but not used in the production within two weeks of production opening.
7. Providing all receipts and return receipts, assisting with the reconciliation of all purchases to assure the show remains in budget.
General Job Responsibilities
· Arrive to work promptly and regularly and within agreed upon schedule as set within the contract
· Accept direction and establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Concentrate and perform accurately while working under the stress of deadlines
· Collaborate effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
· Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of artists, guests and staff
· Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Present proof of eligibility to work in the United States
· Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination and most current booster
· Reliable transportation required
Experience and Knowledge Required
· Previous Experience as a Costume Designer, Costume Design Assistant required
· Basic knowledge and understanding of costume build and alteration practices preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications required, experience with Microsoft Access a plus
· Effective communication skills (written, oral, and visual).
· Proven abilities in time management, organization, and collaboration.
· Ability to work nights and weekends, and long hours and work on a flexible schedule.
Email resume, 2 references, and samples of work (such as a portfolio) to Nicole Boylan at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org