Website Evanston Township High School
EVANSTON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL District 202
1600 Dodge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201
POSITION: Evening Auditorium Technician – Category 4
REPORTS TO: Associate Principal for School Operations & Logistics
The purpose of the Evening Auditorium Technician is to provide technical and logistical support for a variety of events in the three theatre spaces at ETHS; Upstairs Theatre, Auditorium, and Little Theatre, as well as other spaces at ETHS. The Evening Auditorium Technician will also provide technical and logistical support to the ETHS Instructional & Informational Technology (IIT) Department as needed.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Technical Theatre, or equivalent professional experience
Working knowledge of scenery, lighting design, stage rigging, audio and sound reinforcement, stage management/or production management, and clear understanding of professional standards of stage safety
1. Knowledge of basic audio-visual equipment including but not limited to: computers, projectors, etc.
2. Knowledge of stage technology and equipment including not limited to: lighting design and execution, sound design/recording/mixing using digital and analog systems
3. Computer skills in hardware, software, and applications.
4. Knowledge of auditorium equipment including but not limited to: stage rigging systems; band, choral and orchestral stage equipment, floor maintenance, and all safety code issues.
5. Knowledge of power and hand tools.
6. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including days and weekends, to be onsite for events as needed.
7. Ability to engage with diverse members of ETHS administration, faculty, staff, students, external customers and the Evanston community, collaboratively, tactfully and courteously at all times.
8. Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, periodically spend extended periods on your feet, and the ability to walk up and down stairs often.
9. Knowledge of video/sound editing applications preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for technical theatre support for performance-based school, community, and rental events such as:
Moving properties onstage for performances (pianos, harps, chairs, platforms, etc.)
Designing, implementing, and operating lighting and sound for assigned productions
Striking and storage of equipment
Setting up and striking technical furniture and equipment including, but not limited to, risers, chairs/stands, etc.
Collaborate with the Technical Director and daytime Auditorium Technician to maintain safety, efficiency and temporary infrastructure of the Auditorium, Upstairs Theatre, and Little Theatre facilities including: the stage, lighting and sound equipment, tools and equipment.
Provide technical production services for events as assigned
Coordinate and supervise student technical workers as needed for events
Responsible for setup, maintenance of, and operation of technical stage equipment for all non-theatre events in the Auditorium, Upstairs Theatre, and Little Theatre. This includes lighting, electrical, stage draperies and baffles, counter-weighted batten system, and sound equipment.
Work with the ETHS staff to provide input to the facilities and events calendar and the budget to maintain proper function of Auditorium, Upstairs Theatre, and Little Theatre.
Assist staff and students with audio-visual setups in rooms
Provide AV and IIT duties and services as assigned
Work with external contractors on issues ranging from rigging replacement to lighting repair and special effects.
In conjunction with Operations staff, maintain theatre spaces as needed
Serve as primary backup for daytime Auditorium Technician
Other duties as assigned
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Month
WORK SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday 2:00-10:30pm
-Must be able to work flex hours including Sundays and Mondays and overtime hours as needed for events
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires sitting, walking, and standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
ETHS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability
Please apply online via our website:
To apply for this job please visit www.eths.k12.il.us.