Filament Theatre seeks experienced teaching artists to act as Adventure Guides (facilitators) for Filament’s upcoming remount of FORTS: Build Your Own Adventure.
FORTS is an interactive / immersive theatrical experience for young people and their caregivers. FORTS transforms Filament Theatre into a play-space where groups use cardboard boxes, sheets, clotheslines, and more to play together and build shared experiences. With theatrical lighting, sound and environmental design elements working together to support creative play, groups experience a curated theatrical experience. You can learn more about FORTS here: www.filamenttheatre.org/forts
Adventure Guides facilitate the experience. Duties range from sharing in the activities with participants to integrating the technical elements of the show. Duties will extend to set-up and break down of the experience as well as stage managerial tasks and support in maintaining clean and inviting audience spaces. Audience groups will range from families, to private birthday parties, to adult only performances. For each shift, AGs will work as a team with a fellow Adventure Guide and a House Manager.
- Teaching artist experience, stage management experience, TYA performance experience, and/or classroom experience with PreK-elementary school students encouraged
- Ability to command a room and engage children and adults equally.
- Strong communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to assist with moving couches for set-up/breakdown purposes. (furniture dollies provided).
- Willingness to engage with basic theatre technology (Qlab / ETC Express Lighting Board. No experience necessary)
- Teamwork and the ability to think creatively and collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
- Share our value of empowering young people and their communities.
Trainings will take place Nov. 16 @ 10am & Nov. 25 @ 6pm-9pm. Performance shifts will begin Nov. 30 and run through Feb 2 with the possibility of extending thru February. Weekend morning/afternoon availability is required. Performances take place Friday mornings, Saturdays, and Sundays. A full performance schedule can be found at www.filamenttheatre.org/forts. A group of 6-10 Adventure Guides will be hired to ensure all shifts are covered. Adventure Guides are not expected to be available for all shifts. Shifts range from 3 – 7.5 hours.
Filament Theatre believes that the diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of our region. Our mission is best fulfilled when we embrace diversity as a value and a practice. We maintain that achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion that must find full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms and behaviors. Throughout our work, we will support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race, religion and sexual orientation.
By October 15th, submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “FORTS Adventure Guide Submission.” Please include your availability for the scheduled trainings listed above and anticipated conflicts for all weekends from Nov. 30 - Feb 2.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com