Golden Ticket Productions is seeking a Lighting Designer for our upcoming musical in August 2018. Performances are located in Palatine, IL.
The lighting designer is responsible for the design and coordination of the lighting and special electrical effects used in the production. He/she produces a light plot specifying the placement and configuration of all instruments used in the production. The designer must also furnish all associated paperwork for the design including hook-ups, schedules, cut lists, and a cue synopsis.
- Provide light plot and associated paperwork for the artistic concepts of the Director within budgetary constraints established for the production.
- Generate and update additional lighting paperwork such as Instrument Schedule, Circuiting, and Patching for the light plot.
- Coordinate lighting setup with theater staff
- May run light board for the production.
- Attend all production meetings and meet with the Director for design execution
- Set cues with Stage Manager and Director for tech rehearsal
- Be familiar with safe operating procedures of working with light equipment
- Keep all expenses within budget and return in receipts promptly to the production manager.
- Attend strike. Return all borrowed items in original condition.
- Completed or in-progress undergraduate degree in theatrical lighting design or related field; hands-on experience will also be considered
- Working knowledge of lighting instruments and technology for a theatrical production
- Knowledge of and ability to generate all stage lighting paperwork
- Good judgment and discretion
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive atmosphere
Submit your resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com