Golden Ticket Productions is seeking a Sound Designer for our upcoming musical in August 2018. Performances are located in Palatine, IL.
The Sound Designer works collaboratively with the director, music director and other designers to create the way the show sounds. They oversee the audio dynamics of the performance space, microphone and speaker placement, balancing levels of all sound sources for all areas of the audience, cabling, and pulling/creating environmental sound effects. They may run the soundboard during sound checks and performances.
- Act as sound engineer for the run of the production
- May also be the sound board operator during the run of the show or oversee an experienced board operator volunteer.
- Work with performers on proper wireless mic operation and simple troubleshooting.
- Be familiar with safe operating procedures of working with sound equipment.
- Keep all expenses within budget and return in receipts promptly to the production manager.
- Attend all production meetings, technical, and dress rehearsals.
- Attend strike. Clean sound equipment from the house and stage. Return all borrowed items in original condition.
- Working knowledge of professional theatrical sound design
- Good judgment and discretion
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive atmosphere
Submit your resume and pay requirements to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org