Golden Ticket Productions is seeking a Technical Theater Director for our production of Mamma Mia! to be performed in Palatine, IL. We are a not-for-profit community theatre organization.
This person would be the Director’s “right hand” in many ways especially for technical rehearsals and performances, and will have interaction/involvement with all the production staff. Here are some things the stage manager will do:
- Make an official “mark up” of the script with all lighting, sound, and set/prop change cues.
- Make sure all props and set pieces are in their places for the actors at the performance.
- Attend key rehearsals such as run-throughs and tech rehearsals. Assist the director at all tech rehearsals. (This person would be encouraged to attend other rehearsals as well but it’s toward the end where most of the work is needed.)
- Help communicate the director’s wishes with the lighting, sound, and set designers.
- Call cues for the actors to make their entrances. Make sure the actors are where they need to be.
- At performances, work with the house manager, director, and technical staff to ensure everything runs on time and smoothly.
Our technical rehearsals will run August 12 – August 15th in the evenings (call time tentatively at 6:30pm, and usually will wrap up around 11:00pm) at a location in Palatine. Our performances are August 16-25 on Fridays (8pm), Saturdays (8pm), and Sundays (3pm) at Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center in Palatine.
Please submit your resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume and pay requirements to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org