Golden Ticket Productions is seeking a Technical Theater Director for our summer musical to be performed in the NW Chicago Suburbs. We are a not-for-profit community theatre organization.
The Technical Theater Director will be responsible for:
- Determining the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates.
- Advising production managers, lighting and sound designers, on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the individual show, and supervises the implementations of approved technical designs.
- Supervising and assisting with set and stage construction and management.
- Assisting in recruiting, training and assignment of volunteer or paid technical staff for individual shows.
- Assisting with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Attending technical week rehearsals, in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of the mounting the show.
- Making recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding capital purchases or rental of technical equipment.
He/she may work with facility’s Theatre Director and other staff to:
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Design, set up, maintain, and operate lighting and sound systems for performances.
Load-in: August 12/TBD
Tech Rehearsals: 1 week, August 12-August 15 (evening)
Performances: August 16 (evening), August 17 (evening), August 18 (matinee), August 23 (evening), August 24 (evening), August 25 (matinee)
Location: Cutting Hall Performing Arts Center, Palatine IL
Please submit your resume and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com