Website Goodman Theatre
The primary focus of this position is to manage annual fundraising campaigns which secure support from individual donors of gifts below $2,500. This position requires an energetic, organized, self-motivated person who is able to handle several projects at once with an eye for detail, an advanced understanding of databases, and knowledge of individual fundraising.
- Execute all annual giving programs, including three phone campaigns, 5 direct mail appeals, annual subscription renewal solicitations, five e-blast campaigns, social media fundraising, and commemorative giving.
- Organize and Manage Data, Gift Processing, Reporting and Acknowledgements for all Annual Fund Campaigns
- Partner with Associate Director of Outbounds Sales, Box Office Managers, and Third Party Vendors to successfully execute various Annual Fund Campaigns as needed.
- Manage Goodman’s monthly giving program
- Donor Stewardship
- Manage a portfolio of key annual fund donors to secure and increase gifts and work with the Manager of Individual and Major Gifts to develop cultivation plans for those with capacity to grow to Premiere Society levels.
- Assist development department staff in stewardship activities relating to donors, including opening nights and other cultivation & benefit events.
- Participate as a member of the Development Communications Team to help shape and maintain the departments messaging, especially in relation to Annual Fund giving
- Planning and Strategy
- Identify innovative approaches to fundraising, including new opportunities to increase contributed revenue, cultivate potential donors, steward donors throughout the season, and use new technologies to enhance the donor experience.
- Perform an annual review of benefit arrays and adjust as needed.
- Execute additional ad hoc campaigns as opportunities arise, including tribute and donor participation campaigns.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Previous experience with campaign execution, direct mail and telefunding required.
- Fluency with Excel and Tessitura (or other comparable fundraising database) a must
- Experience with Wordfly or other email platforms beneficial
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills; a high degree of initiative and energy, with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Team-player with superior organizational, strong analytical, computer and database skills.
Goodman Theatre offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401K.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by using the provided link. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.