Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Goodman Theatre is an artistic and community institution dedicated to the art of theater and to civic engagement in the theater arts. Goodman believes it has a responsibility to provide artists with the opportunity to explore a wide range of theatrical visions, and ensure that cultural inclusion is the fabric of the organization and fully engages in the life of our community. Goodman is currently seeking applicants for an open position in our Artistic Department.
Title: Associate Producer
Position Reports To: Managing Producer
The Associate Producer is a member of Goodman’s producing team, working to support and execute all productions, programs and special events. This position requires evening and weekend hours.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Working with Goodman Theatre’s Producing Staff to oversee and support all productions and special events while maintaining high artistic standards.
● Serving as a line producer for productions as assigned which includes: early discussions with the creative team, engaging with the casting process, participating in design meetings, being present in rehearsals as needed and being a principal presence through tech and previews.
● Attending production milestones including: first read-throughs, technical rehearsals, previews, opening and closing performances.
● Collaborating with literary staff to produce new play readings and workshops as needed.
● Consulting with other departments to ensure production needs are being met.
● Conceiving of, planning, and executing ancillary events as needed around each production.
● Working with our Education and Community Engagement Department on special events and engagement efforts that maintain and grow our connection to the community.
● Working with our Marketing Department to coordinate video/content efforts for each production.
● Working with the Managing Producer to hire artistic staff on each production.
● Facilitating department meetings.
· BA or BFA degree in Theatre or related fields
· Producing experience in the commercial or non-profit theatre
· Strong leadership, management and organization skills
· Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills
· Experience with Microsoft Suite/Office 365, primarily Excel, Word and Outlook
· Directing experience in theatre, TV or film; familiarity with ArtsVision
· Graduate degree in Theatre or a related field
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Please submit your resume (stressing previous experience and qualifications) and a cover letter with contact information for at least three professional references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate how you heard about this open position in your cover letter by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.