REPORTS TO: Production Manager
START DATE: Negotiable
Goodman Theatre seeks an Associate Production Manager to be an integral part of the production management team. This individual will work with directors, designers, and our experienced staff on an eight (8) show season, our annual production of A Christmas Carol, New Stages Festival, special events, and rentals. Applicants should have three (3) years professional production management experience, be proficient in technical theatre practices, have strong communication skills, be able to think creatively, be self-motivated, and maintain a positive attitude. A working knowledge of AutoCAD and experience with IATSE, AEA, and USA agreements are beneficial.
This position is full time and includes a benefits package.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
– Work in collaboration with directors, designers, production department supervisors, and other departments to realize productions and events in the theatres while maintaining the artistic mission and standards of the Goodman Theatre
– Develop estimates and calendars for productions, events, and rentals
– Manage and maintain production budgets and schedules in collaboration with department supervisors
– Hire Crew and Stage Managers
– Coordinate and oversee meetings throughout the production process
– General oversight and interdepartmental coordination for all aspects of the production process including tech, load-ins and load-outs which will require night and weekend hours
– Attend and participate in all technical rehearsals and attend previews in order to coordinate daily goals, set priorities, and ensure a safe, effective and efficient process
– Administer Health and Saftey standards in collaboration with production team and production department supervisors
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
NO CALLS PLEASE - Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position.