Website Goodman Theatre
Reports to: Associate Managing Director
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Company Manager provides essential support to Goodman actors and creative personnel. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse group of people and competing priorities. The position requires demonstrated composure, tact and diplomacy. The Company Manager is expected to be available during off-hours to respond to artists’ needs and/or emergencies.
- In collaboration with the General Management team, coordinate and support Goodman production companies, including but not limited to: Draft and process artist offers, contracts, adhering to Goodman’s various union agreements and standard practice.
- Coordinate transportation, housing, hospitality and day to day needs of artists.
- Coordinate artists’ activities with other departments throughout the theater.
- Negotiate with housing providers and other vendors.
- Manage transportation and housing budgets
- Ensure that the theater maintains compliance with all provisions in the Actors’ Equity Agreement.
- Work with the General Management team to coordinate the Theatre’s special events and festivals.
- Manage requests for complimentary tickets and house orders.
- Represent the theater and provide each production company a day to day contact person.
- Obtain necessary work visas for all international artists.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Familiarity with the LORT/AEA agreement, Tessitura and ArtsVision a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination and booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and three references through the provided link. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ikrut.com.