Website Goodman Theatre
The Development Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Development Department Team. This position assists with Fundraising responsibilities of the Department, including: gift processing; donor acknowledgment letters, meeting preparation and support; taking RSVPs; preparing meeting minutes; creating and maintaining donor listings; electronic and paper filing.
· Support the Administrative needs of the Development Team
· Assist with solicitations, donor meeting preparation and tracking of gifts.
· Create and send donor acknowledgements, pledge reminder and invoices.
· Help to create and proofread donor listings for electronic and print materials
· Prepare and maintain gift reports, including the weekly Fundraising report, and help with ongoing reconciliation with the business office
· Serve as a key member of the gift processing team of the Development Department
· Prepare agendas for weekly Departmental meetings and maintain task lists from those meetings.
· Assist with creating invitation lists for events for the Department and track attendance and update in Tessitura
· Serve as a back-up for processing ticket requests that are received from all areas of the Department
· Assist development department staff in stewardship activities relating to donors, including opening nights and other cultivation events
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· 1-2 years of development or related experience
· Ability to manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
· High level of attention to detail
· Collaborative spirit and ability to embrace flexibility of working with many members of the team
· Commitment to accuracy and quality with a demonstrated ability to manage sensitive information
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with Tessitura Database or other fundraising software a plus
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by using the provided link, and clicking the "Apply online" button at the top of the page.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.