Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Position Summary: The Digital Marketing Associate works directly with the Director of Digital Strategy to maintain, strategize and analyze the Goodman’s digital presence. Main responsibilities including creating and deploying email blasts, updating the Goodman’s website and social media outlets, assisting with digital advertising and creating compelling content to market and promote Goodman’s mission, productions and events.
· Email Marketing – Write copy, build and deploy HTML emails on behalf of the Goodman using our database-integrated email marketing service WordFly (similar programs include Constant Contact, Emma, MailChimp, Prospect2), maintain the Goodman’s institutional email calendar and coordinate the marketing department’s email schedule
· Web Editing and Maintenance – Assist with the editing and maintenance of GoodmanTheatre.org, work within the CMS (content management system) to keep web copy current and accurate, train additional staff on how to use the CMS tools as needed, analyze and report on data from Google Analytics to monitor digital marketing efforts
· Digital Advertising – Build and monitor the Goodman’s Google AdWords program, provide support in the creation, publishing and analysis of Goodman’s Facebook, Instagram and Google Display advertising
· Content Writing & Editing – Assist with the creation of engaging web and social media content, write and edit articles and behind-the-scenes previews as assigned by the Director of Digital Strategy, work with the Goodman Marketing Team to brainstorm content-based marketing ideas to promote productions.
Experience and Qualifications:
· 1-3 years of professional experience, experience working as a community manager on social media platforms required
· Extensive background in writing and editing required
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Experience working within a CMS (ex. WordPress, Joomla, Episerver, Drupal) to update websites required
· Excellent writing and editing skills required
· Intermediate knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and graphic design required
· Understanding of Google Analytics and Google Adwords required
· Familiarity with Tessitura (or other CRM database) is a plus
· Self-starter and ability to work in fast moving environment necessary
· Must be creative, flexible, open-minded, enjoy working as part of a team and experimenting with ideas
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to https://ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html.
No phone calls. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location.