POSITION TITLE: Front of House and Events Apprentice
POSITION REPORTS TO: Front of House and Events Managers
The Front of House and Events Apprentice is a salaried, year-long, holistic immersion into the workings of Chicago’s largest not-for-profit producing theater. Working closely with the Front of House Manager and Events Manager, the Apprentice gains hands-on experience, engaging in all aspects of planning events and maintaining Front of House operations. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s Degree and has house management experience. Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and multitasking skills are a must.
AREAS OF EXPOSURE:
· Manage the front of house operations during performances and events
· Grow project management skills by building event experiences from start to finish. Conduct site visits and walkthroughs with knowledge of space capabilities for events
· Gain basic audio and computer troubleshooting skills in a variety of spaces
· Be the point of contact for event staff and caterers
· Lead special event planning; learn industry standards in event and rental programs
· Maintain the event space calendar for all in house events and rentals
· Ensure that Goodman patrons have a superior experience at the theatre
· Become an integral member of the Goodman team, working with every department
· Prepare the theatres and lobby spaces prior to each production
· Maintain the supply of playbills, stuffers, and additional marketing materials for patrons
· Insure cleanliness and timely maintenance of all front of house areas
· Perform other duties as assigned
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
People of color and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community—Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
To apply, submit cover letter, and resume with contact information for 3 references, to: https://ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html . No phone calls please.