Website Goodman Theatre
JOB TITLE: Marketing Assistant
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Marketing and Research
FLSA STATUS: Salary, Non-Exempt
SALARY RATE: $38,000-40,000
LOCATION: 170 North Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60601
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
The Marketing Assistant reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and Research and supports many of the operations within Marketing department. An ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and time management, and will gain experience and knowledge ranging from traditional and digital media to working with a large budget and more.
• Working with members of the marketing and graphic design teams, ensure the timely delivery of all advertisements and marketing materials, including managing the turnover of building posters, the banners in front of the theater, and digital marketing slides in the lobby.
• Work with the digital team to update Print-at-Home tickets, proofread and update the website, assist with email marketing and provide support for social media as needed. In addition, flag/respond when appropriate to customer service questions and comments received in the digital space.
• Work with the Director of Advertising and Director of Marketing to keep track of expenses within the annual budget and assist during the annual budget reconciliation.
Accessibility and College Outreach
• Assist the Director of Audience Development with the cultivation, outreach and execution of items in support of our accessible and enhanced services. Assist with recruiting College Ambassadors and promoting College Nights to university students.
• Work with the marketing team to compile data related to both traditional and digital marketing efforts to understand ROI, trends and more.
• Work to ensure Goodman Theatre’s listings are updated on partner sites (Choose Chicago, Chambers of Commerce, etc.).
• Fulfill any partner organization requests for mutual marketing support including email swaps and reciprocal social media posts.
• Provide additional support as needed, including assistance in staffing and executing events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 1 year of professional experience preferred
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Familiarity with Tessitura (or another CRM database) is a plus
• Self-starter and ability to work in fast moving environment necessary
• Must be creative, flexible, open-minded, enjoy working as part of a team and experimenting with ideas
Goodman Theatre offers a benefits package including health, dental, and 401K with this position.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination including booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by selecting the "Apply Online" button at the bottom of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.