Website Goodman Theatre
Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Chicago’s theater since 1925, Goodman Theatre is a not-for-profit arts and community organization in the heart of the Loop, distinguished by the excellence and scope of its artistic programming and community engagement. The theater’s artistic priorities include new play development (more than 150 world or American premieres), large scale musical theater works and reimagined classics. As a cultural and community organization, Goodman Theatre is committed to using the art of theater for a better Chicago. Using the tools of the theatrical profession, the Goodman’s Education and Engagement programs aim to develop generations of citizens who understand the cultures and stories of diverse voices.
We at Goodman Theatre are storytellers who believe that a diversity of people, ideas and cultures in our organization enriches both the art on stage and our civic engagement. In our workplace, we strive to reflect the communities we serve, and make space in which each individual is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. The Goodman values equity, diversity and inclusion and is committed to approaching our work through the practice of anti-racism. The inclusion of difference(s) such as ability, age, background, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status and all other identities represented across staff, board, artists and audiences help make us better equipped to live these values—on stage and off. Learn more at GoodmanTheatre.org/Accountability
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Goodman Theatre seeks a Production Manager to be an integral part of the production management team. This individual will work with directors, designers, and our experienced staff on an eight (8) show season, our annual production of A Christmas Carol, New Stages Festival, special events, and outside rentals. Applicants should have three (3) years professional production management or comparable experience, be proficient in technical theatre practices, have strong communication skills, be able to think creatively, be self-motivated, and maintain a positive attitude. A working knowledge of AutoCAD and experience with IATSE, AEA, and USA agreements are beneficial.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work in collaboration with directors, designers, production department supervisors, and other departments to realize productions and events in the theatres while maintaining the artistic mission and standards of the Goodman Theatre
• Facilitate timely communication and arrange necessary meetings among directors, designers, and production department supervisors as designs are produced while assessing resources, staffing, and scheduling restraints
• Develop schedules, labor and materials estimates for productions, events, and rentals
• Manage and maintain production schedules and budgets in collaboration with department supervisors to ensure production goals will be achieved
• Hire and Onboard Crew and Stage Managers
• General oversight and interdepartmental coordination for all aspects of the production process including tech, load-ins and load-outs which will require night and weekend hours
• Attend and participate in all technical rehearsals and attend previews in order to coordinate daily goals, set priorities, and ensure a safe, effective and efficient process
• Ensure a safe and supportive working environment in collaboration with production team and production department supervisors
• Administrate the production department Health and Safety program including scheduling regular trainings, maintaining our SDS system, and responding to staff questions and concerns
Goodman Theatre offers a competitive salary in the $60,000-$70,000 range and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401k.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by going here: https://careers.ikrut.com/e34309da-c6f4-4794-a049-48245ab0ac86/0/jobs/a/69784?src=none&v=637626538851919749 and selecting the "Apply to this job" button at the bottom of the page. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.