Website Goodman Theatre
The Goodman Theatre seeks a Wardrobe Supervisor to oversee the running of wardrobe for Goodman shows and projects including the maintenance of all costume elements. In collaboration with the Costume Shop Manager to plan and execute procedures for the efficient and safe running of all Goodman shows and projects.
- Plan the backstage space and tracking from the costume documentation provided, including but not limited to: Planning quick changes, Making crew assignments and arranging for quick change spaces as well as backstage costume storage
- Oversee crew, including crew training
- Establish throughout the tech and preview process: tracking, timing, actor dressing needs, hair or wig dressing as assigned.
- Ensure, with the support of the crew, that the look of the show as well as the condition of each costume element are maintained throughout the run as set at opening.
- Train wardrobe cover
- Responsible for knowledge of the daily schedule and setting appropriate wardrobe calls in coordination with the Costume Shop Manager
- Coordinate the schedule, as well as space and equipment needs for both theatre spaces
- Participate in maintaining wardrobe spaces, storage spaces, supplies and equipment
- Participate in providing a safe, healthy and clean working environment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years professional wardrobe experience
- Experience supervising a wardrobe crew is desirable
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45 days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by using the link provided and clicking the "Apply Online" button at the top of the page. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.