Website Goodman Theatre
The Part Time Custodian is responsible for all daily and periodic cleaning of the Goodman Theatre as well as assigned event setups. This individual interacts with diverse groups of employees and helps to support the Goodman’s artistic work. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-structured program and collaborate with a versatile facilities team in fulfilling the mission.
- Perform cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting activities as assigned
- Follow daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning schedules
- Collect and remove garbage and recycling from all areas of the building
- Ensure restrooms are properly supplied
- Sweep, dust, mop, scrub, or strip/apply new finish, and buff/burnish floors
- Vacuum and spot clean carpets
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to custodian equipment
- Organize and maintain cleanliness of custodial closets
- Perform event setup, tear down, and cleaning as needed
- Perform snow and ice removal when necessary
- Previous custodial experience in a large, commercial space
- Ability to operate carpet cleaning, floor polishing, and snow removal equipment
- Physical ability to perform work assignments
- Capable of maneuvering 50 lbs. or more
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Dependable, and works well with team members
- Good customer services skills
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning products
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to read and interpret product and safety labels
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions and diagrams
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial cleaning and sanitizing practices
- MS Office software program experience preferred
- Theatre or Live Entertainment Venue experience beneficial
- Experience with a wide range of custodial equipment preferred
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
The Goodman is an inclusive and accessible employer. Successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people and will demonstrate a deep commitment to advancing equity and inclusion at the Goodman Theatre.
The Goodman requires proof of full vaccination and booster. New employees who are not fully vaccinated as of the date of hire are required to be fully vaccinated within 45days of hire and provide twice-weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to being fully vaccinated. Further details will be provided upon hire.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply through the provided link. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit goodmantheatre.ourhcm.com.