The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Patron Services Assistant for the 2019 Festival season. The Patron Services Assistant will report to the Patron Services Manager. The Patron Services Assistant provides key support to the Festival’s Membership and Marketing departments and helps to ensure a one-of-a-kind experience for patrons, guests and visitors to our performances. Previous box office experience is a requirement for this role. Candidates with Tessitura experience are highly encouraged to apply.
KEY DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Expertly staff the Patron Service Center (box office) for each Festival concert and provide high-level customer service in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Process patron orders/requests quickly and accurately – in person, over the phone and via email
- Coordinate patron seating for performances, accommodating special needs and requests
- Maintain database hygiene standards when updating patron records
- Perform routine clerical duties in an organized fashion: prepare mailings, answer the telephone, and draft correspondence
- Work on initiatives that build robust relationships between the organization and its patrons, enhancing the Festival’s patron engagement model
MINIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous box office experience is required
- Three years or more of college-level education completed or two years of professional experience in related field
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience and/or work in a high-public-contact field
- An outgoing personality – capable of communicating in an engaging and effective manner with people of all backgrounds
- Must have the ability to handle challenging situations with grace, diplomacy and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel and Outlook) and basic computer tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs; ability to work outdoors and possibly in inclement weather
DESIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using Tessitura
- Experience in performing arts industry
- Knowledge of classical music repertoire
- $13.00 – $15.00/hour, commensurate with experience; this position is full-time (40 hours/week) and non-exempt; some overtime is expected
- Nights and weekends are required throughout the summer season (June 12, 2019 – August 17, 2019)
- Position Start Date: April 2019, to be determined by mutual agreement
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago’s summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city’s most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.
Please apply by March 8, 2019 by visiting http://grantparkmf.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2b0zwt5tgc7. No telephone calls, please.