The Grant Park Music Festival in Chicago, Illinois seeks several part-time Ushers for the upcoming summer season. Ushers provide customer service and welcome patrons to concerts, films, events, and performances in the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park. Ushers serve as important ambassadors for the Festival and our partners at the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, and help to create a safe, welcoming, and orderly environment for our patrons.
- Maintain the efficient operation of the Seating Bowl, Membership Seating Areas, and Great Lawn.
- Welcome and assist patrons; manage and resolve patron issues in a prompt, friendly manner.
- Provide information to patrons and the public about the Grant Park Music Festival, Millennium Park, and surrounding attractions.
- Communicate park rules and regulations to the public; assist in crowd control.
- Assist in set-up and distribution of materials used during concerts; occasionally assist in sales of merchandise.
- Assist in a variety of patron engagement, retention, and acquisition efforts (related tasks may include: serving beverages/food, collecting audience information, hosting special guests, and distributing passes/vouchers).
MINIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- High-School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of two years customer service experience and/or other high-public-contact work.
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to handle challenging situations with grace, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs; ability to work outdoors and possibly in inclement weather; ability to stand/walk for up to four hours at a time.
- Ability to work flexible hours (most shifts are Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings) June through mid-September; weekend and holiday availability (including Memorial Day weekend, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day weekend) is required.
- $13.00/hour; this position is non-exempt. Nights and weekends are required.
- Must be available for all training sessions (Evenings – Tuesday, May 21 and Thursday, May 23) and a majority of concert dates.
- Position Start Date: Late May 2019
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago’s summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city’s most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.
Please apply ASAP by visiting http://grantparkmf.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2b0zwtnegim. No telephone calls, please.