Do you have an show that needs a space for one night?
A script you’ve always wanted to get in front of an audience?
Are you a member a comedy sketch troupe, improv team, or other type of act that needs a venue?
The Greenhouse Theater Center seeks a variety of events for it’s Breaking Ground Series, a new initiative on Wednesday nights bringing in new forms of entertainment: burlesque, music, comedy, play readings, drag, dance, and more. The Greenhouse recently produced the Breaking Ground Festival over Chicago Theatre Week, which brought fifteen performances to the Lincoln Park venue, and are looking to continue the process into 2019. Examples of acts produced during the festival included numerous staged readings, a drag performance, folk band, improv teams, and solo shows. The Breaking Ground Series provides a platform for artists, thinkers, and feelers to showcase their works, their ideas, and their hearts. The Greenhouse Theater Center provides performance space free of charge, and half of the box office proceeds go to the artists.
Applicants (producers) will be asked to bring in events as independent entities; the Greenhouse will not provide any artistic staff or artists.
Details on the Breaking Ground Series:
- Breaking Ground producers would not have to pay rent for the space (typically upwards of $350/day), but instead would split Box Office profits 50/50 with the Greenhouse. All tickets will be $10.00 + $1.00 service fee, and will be available on our website at www.greenhousetheater.org.
- The Greenhouse would help market the events on our website and social media, but otherwise, you would be responsible for marketing your event.
- You would receive a full Box Office staff, house managers, and bartending staff for the convenience of your patrons.
- You are also able to receive 4 hours of tech rehearsal in your space. This is first come/first serve and is subject to availability.
- While some events may take place on top of another set already in the space, the Greenhouse Theater Center will otherwise provide a general lighting plot for the festival, but will not provide labor for stage management or design. If you would like to hire our technical director for your use, the rate is $75.00 per hour.
Use the email listed to send submissions for the Breaking Ground Series. Someone will be in touch afterwards to follow-up and discuss scheduling.
-- The full title of your event, and how you would classify it: (Play, Staged Reading, Improv, Sketch Comedy, Burlesque, Drag, or List Other.)
-- A description of your event as detailed as possible.
-- A Wednesday date or series of Wednesdays that you are interested in producing your event.
The Greenhouse Theater Center is interested in beginning performances in early March. Contact us with any questions or inquiries.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com