The Griffin Theatre Company is a professional non-profit theater based in Chicago with a mission to create extraordinary and meaningful theatrical experiences for both children and adults by building bridges of understanding between generations that instill in its audience an appreciation of the performing arts. We are seeking a part time Business Manager to work with the Artistic Director, report to the Board of Directors, and be responsible for bookkeeping. The fee is $400 per month. The work schedule is flexible.
The ideal candidate would have strong organizational skills, a basic understanding of business administration and bookkeeping including a working proficiency of Quickbooks. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, collaborative and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail. Strong computer skills and databases knowledge are important.
The Business Manager will be responsible in the following areas:
· Bookkeeping & Budgeting –Process deposits, invoices, tax returns, and non-profit filings, manage record keeping, maintain monthly financial reports, recommend annual budget and track monthly including performance and cash flow projections.
· Payroll – process and track salaries, fees, tax payments and 1099’s and W-2’s
· Donations – oversee and track donations and maintain donor database
· Contracts, Insurance and Purchasing – track and maintain contracts and payments
· Mail and Filing – maintaining organizational and production contracts, files, records and correspondence
Send resume and cover letter to Claire Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com