Lookingglass Theatre Company, a midsized not-for-profit theatre in Chicago, seeks a full time Group Sales Coordinator.
Lookingglass is home to a multi-disciplined collective of artists who create original, story-centered theatre through a physical and improvisational rehearsal process centered on ensemble. Lookingglass has staged 68 World Premieres and garnered numerous awards in its mission to change, charge, and empower audiences and artists alike. Lookingglass Education and Community Engagement programs encourage curiosity, creativity, and collaboration with thousands of students and community members each year. In 2003, Lookingglass Theatre opened in Chicago’s landmark Water Tower Water Works. In 2011, Lookingglass received the American Theatre Wing’s Tony Award® for Outstanding Regional Theatre. In 2016, Lookingglass received the MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions and in 2017, was the recipient of the League of Chicago Theatres’ Artistic Achievement Award.
Summary of Position
The Group Sales Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the Associate Director of Audience and Accessibility Services and audience services staff. The Coordinator will be charged with generating earned revenue by coordinating, executing, and growing group sales initiatives to achieve sales goals. The Coordinator will also serve as a member of the overall marketing team, helping with marketing activities and special events as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In consultation with the Director of Marketing, and in collaboration with Audience Services
• Assist in creating and executing a strategic plan for growing group ticket sales revenue to achieve/exceed group sales goals as determined by the Marketing Director
• Assist in crafting and executing annual group sales communications plan through direct mail, email (MailChimp & Outlook), and outbound calling
• Research and identify new audience segments and plan/execute marketing campaigns to increase sales opportunities
• Act as primary liaison with group leaders throughout entire sales process, including ticket pick-up (traditional will-call, group packet, mailing, etc), on-site support, and customer service follow up
• Process group reservations and payments via Total Info CRM system
• Attend neighborhood, chamber of commerce, and other relevant events to connect with prospects and establish relationships/network with professionals who can assist in securing group sales
• Assist in planning, production, and distribution of group sales promotional materials
• Participate in management and analysis of patron and sales data in CRM system and provide regular reporting on group sales progress, including weekly email to production team and in-person at marketing meetings
• Coordinate logistics of auxiliary programming related to group sales, including post-show discussions, restaurant recommendations, pre- or post-show receptions, etc
• Act as liaison to other departments (Development, Curiosity, Artistic) for group sales prospecting and help coordinate logistics for cross-departmental group events
• Plan, organize, and execute Insider’s Night for each show, catering to Chicago concierge and hospitality workers
• Serve as a member of the Lookingglass’ marketing team at events, facilitating Press Opening, Theatre Night Out, Season Kickoff, and other patron events
• Additional marketing activities as needed
• Occasional local travel may be required
• Periodic evening and weekend work supporting department events required; time will be incorporated into weekly schedule
• Bachelor’s degree, major in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit administration preferred
• 1-2 years of professional administrative experience. Sales experience, preferably in theatre, performing arts or tourism/travel industry, a plus
• Experience with CRM systems desired, knowledge of Total Info a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional, friendly manner and ability to comfortably interface with a wide range of people, both internal and external
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Ability to work well in a small, fast-paced non-profit theatre environment
Compensation and Hours
This is a non-exempt, full-time position, 35-40 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with other entry-level positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Benefit package includes health and vision insurance, generous vacation and paid time off, and commuter spending plan.
Lookingglass Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Staff members at Lookingglass Theatre Company share the core values of the company:
Collaboration – Lookingglass has always believed that the power of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We see immense value in group history and experience, a collective vision, the dynamics of teamwork and the importance of leadership within that collaborative construct.
Transformation – Transformation is certainly at the core of all theatre and particularly vital to Lookingglass. It is reflected in the Lookingglass Mission Statement…to change, charge and empower.
Invention – Lookingglass seeks to redefine the limits of theatrical experience. The ensemble uses multi-disciplined arts training and an ambition for innovation to invent new ways to develop and tell stories.
Instructions to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and/or history to Anna Marie Faulkner, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Group Sales Coordinator.” No phone calls, please.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and/or history to Anna Marie Faulkner, Director of Marketing, email@example.com with the subject line “Group Sales Coordinator.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org