Job Title: Harris Theater Production Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Production
Start Date: Early to Mid-September or As Negotiated
Harris Theater Mission: The mission of the Harris Theater is to be Chicago’s primary residence for music and dance, connecting diverse audiences with outstanding artists from across the city, the nation, and the world. www.harristheaterchicago.org
This position is full time and includes a benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Maintain the artistic mission and standards of the Harris Theater
• In concert with the Director of Production (DOP) and Harris Theater Production Department Heads (Steward/Carpenter, Electrics, Sound, Props, Fly), maintain and keep current all Harris Theater technical information, distribute technical packet to potential and current renters and Harris Theater presents production technical teams
• Attend all resident company, rental company and HT presents front of house/production meetings
• Collect and organize production information based on contracted deadlines for all resident company and rental company performances/events as assigned by DOP
• Prepare contractual labor estimates for resident companies, potential renters and confirmed renters as assigned by DOP
• Advance resident company productions and outside rentals in collaboration with the Director of Production and Harris Theater Steward/Carpenter
• Execute company management duties as assigned for Harris Theater Presents productions, including but not limited to: Booking flights and ground transportation, booking artist hotels, communicating with artists and management, greeting artists on arrival to ensure that artists feel welcome and that their needs are met
• Submit detailed production information to the Manager of Operations and Access services for the weekly operations calendar
• Schedule labor calls for Wardrobe, Wig and Makeup, and Projection as needed
• In collaboration with the facilities department, ensure a safe environment for all production staff and clients, including being up to date on best theater practices for health and safety
• As directed by the DOP, coordinate retrospective analysis and conduct “post-mortem” debrief meetings with Production team and clients
• Maintain relationships with local equipment vendors and manage in-kind donations and discounts on rental equipment
• Be present at performances as necessary
Qualifications and Skills:
Work Experience: 3 years professional technical theater experience – work in an IATSE venue preferred.
Qualifications/skills: Knowledge of theater making process, superior skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) on a PC; advanced skills in using and creating spreadsheets and Internet collaboration tools. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Ability: Ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time; work at a computer monitor and keyboard for extended periods of time; able to work in dusty or noisy environments
Other Skills, Ability and/or Knowledge: Developed or (aptitude and desire to develop) organizational skills with the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously. The ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, exercise good judgement and discretion, flexibility in projects and schedule, attention to detail. Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule. Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive work atmosphere.
Special Hours Requirements: Work schedule varies and includes frequent evening and weekend hours with occasional holidays.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, references and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org