Website Haven Chicago
WE EMBOLDEN VISIONARY ARTISTS
Haven Chicago is seeking three dedicated and emerging Stage Managers to join our team for the upcoming Director’s Haven 7 Program. Each Stage Manager will be responsible for stage managing one of the three short plays, ensuring smooth execution from rehearsals through performances, and also assisting stage managing the other two plays for production.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the stage management for one short play, including rehearsals, technical runs, and live performances.
- Serve as Assistant Stage Manager for the other two short plays, providing support and coordination as needed.
- Collaborate closely with directors, actors, and the production team to ensure a cohesive and successful production.
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances.
- Ensure all stage elements, such as set changes, lighting cues, and sound effects, are executed flawlessly.
- Maintain and update prompt books, rehearsal reports, and performance reports.
- Facilitate communication between the company, production team, cast, and crew.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the cast and crew during all stages of production.
- Contribute to a positive, inclusive, and respectful working environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Theater, Arts Administration, or related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in stage management, preferably in a theater setting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the arts.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by the rehearsal and performance schedule.
About Haven Chicago:
Haven Chicago is a dynamic and innovative production company that is committed to creating powerful and transformative experiences. Our Director’s Haven Program is a unique initiative that provides three emerging directors with the opportunity to showcase their vision and talent by directing their own short productions.
Haven Chicago is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We particularly encourage candidates of varied races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ+ to apply, as we aim to reflect the rich diversity of our community in our team. Our goal is to create a space where every team member feels valued, respected, and able to bring their authentic selves to work. Join us in our mission to celebrate diversity and promote inclusivity in the arts.
Key Dates and Deadlines:
General Production Dates
- Pre-Production 1/29/2024
- First Rehearsal 2/5/2024
- First Tech 3/13/2024
- First Preview 3/25/2024
- Opening Night 3/27/2024
- Closing 4/10/2024
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to email@example.com.
Please include “Assistant Production Manager Application” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is December 15, 2023.
Please include “Stage Manager Application” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is December 15, 2023.
We are eager to fill this role promptly and encourage interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible. The deadline for submissions is December 16, but please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and aim to make a decision swiftly to ensure a smooth production process. Your prompt response is appreciated, and we look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org