Website Haven Chicago
PEOPLE FIRST, ACCOUNTABILITY, MENTORSHIP, AND INCLUSION
Haven Chicago seeks to contract three (3) Production Stage Managers to oversee and support production on our 6th annual Director’s Haven short-play festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stage Manager shall work with the Production Manager to oversee and run all aspects of the rehearsal and performance process.
- Stage Manager shall attend all production meetings, unless otherwise agreed upon and expressed in writing by Production Manager.
- Stage Manager shall be present at, and conduct all rehearsals, except by previous arrangement or agreement, expressed in writing to the Production Manager.
- Stage Manager shall be present at, and conduct all technical rehearsals and previews, except by previous arrangement or agreement, expressed in writing to the Production Manager.
- Stage Manager shall be responsible for conducting technical rehearsals.
- Stage Manager will call cues and operate any necessary equipment during the run of the performance.
- Stage Manager will create, manage and update all paperwork necessary to the smooth operation of rehearsals and performances, including but not limited to a full calling script that shall remain property of Producer upon closing.
- Stage Manager will be responsible for maintaining the production at the quality the of opening night performance throughout the run.
- Stage Manager will schedule and conduct understudy and put-in rehearsals.
- Stage Manager shall assist the Production Manager with various administrative tasks and paperwork, as directed.
- Align personal practice in support of institutional mission, values, and code of conduct, and help maintain a safe working environment for all artists and collaborators involved.
Mission: “We embolden visionary artists to practice and hone their craft by providing an equitable haven of opportunity for the creation of innovative performance, theatre, and media arts.”
Centering our artists, audiences, and the work, Haven Chicago commits to the following values: People First, Inclusion, Accountability, & Mentorship.
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Angela Salinas at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org