Calling all artists, performers, and musicians! Heaven Sent Pet Care, a professional dog walking company (serving Evanston, Wilmette, and Kenilworth) is currently looking for dynamic, caring, and trustworthy pet lovers to join our expanding team. We offer flexible ongoing positions that work well with balancing auditions, performances, and gigs. Start making supplemental income doing what you love!
We are currently hiring for a part-time DAILY DOG WALKER and we will be thorough in finding the next good “fit” for our expanding team. If you love to spend time outdoors, are a self-starter, and are able to work independently and manage a changing schedule, this may be the job for you!
- Our “Daily Dog” walking services are typically performed Monday through Friday between between the hours of 10am-4pm. (Our busiest time frame is between 11am-3pm).
- We do private visits/walks for our clients. We never do “pack walks” (walking multiple clients dogs at a time).
- Hours — you get to choose how many 25-minute pet visits a day you do.
- Days — we will work with our walkers to find a time frame and amount of visits per day that works with them and their schedule, but it is our preference that candidates have some consistent availability Monday through Friday, and are available during our busiest time frame between 11a-3pm.
- The rate walkers are paid ranges between $6.92-$8.50 per 25-minute visit (equivalent averages to around $13.84-$17 per hour).
- We are looking for candidates whose priority is providing quality care to our furry clients and their owners. If money is your primary motivation, this may not be the job (nor the industry) for you.
Consistent and predictable work!
- From week to week you have the same group of dogs to work with and you can count on how much work you will have.
- Typically, we will start out walkers with a “fill-in” route (filling in for other Midday dog-walkers) or a shorter route and build up the route as we are able and as the walker is comfortable. Most of our current walkers complete between 4-8 visits daily.
We offer administrative support to our walkers:
We provide a professional work environment. This is a supported position and we are office staffed from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday for any questions or help a walker might need. We also have emergency contacts for walkers, if an issue arises after business hours.
Is this a good fit for you?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are organized, dependable, trustworthy, timely, and professional.
- Have great customer service and communication skills.
- Are team players who can handle last-minute changes and requests from clients.
- Are able to work independently and responsibly.
- Enjoy being outside in all four seasons and the weather that comes with them! (Rain, snow, heat, cold, wind…)
- Are interested in long-term work. We view dog-walking as a career choice and do not often hire just seasonally or temporarily. If you are looking for short-term work just to “get by” between other jobs, we are not the right fit.
- Love Animals! You don’t have to have any animal work experience, but we find it is helpful if you have at least had pets of your own before.
Background & References: You need to be at least 21 years old, able to pass a background/criminal check, and have at least 3 references.
Physical Requirements: You need to have excellent dog-handling skills and intuition to walk and control dogs of all sizes and breeds. You also need to handle the activity level of walking dogs for 2-6 hours per day (you choose the amount).
Supplies & Equipment: You need to have: (1) a reliable insured automobile and a valid driver’s license (2) a computer with access to the internet, (3) a printer, (4) a smartphone (preferably with a data plan and texting).
Location: Because Heaven Sent does not compensate for travel time/commute, it is best if you live in or near one of our service areas (Wilmette, Evanston, or Kenilworth).
Interested in applying? Please send an email to email@example.com to tell us a little about yourself. Please also include your answers to the following questions:
1. Do you have a car?
2. Are you over 21 years old?
3. Where do you live? (which neighborhood)
4. What appeals to you about working with a pet care team?
5. Please describe your pet experience.
6. Do you have any pet allergies?
7. Do you enjoy working with or being around cats?
8. Where are you currently working (Company, location, hours you work)? If you are not currently working: what was your last job and why did you leave?
9. Are you a student/graduate student? What are you studying?
10. Do you have a computer, laptop, or tablet? Which do you use most frequently?
11. Do you have a printer, or access to one for daily use?
13. Do you have a smartphone? If so, are you familiar with using apps on your smartphone?
14. Please list what days and hours you would be available to work with us. It is helpful if you can be as specific as possible. (For example: "Monday through Friday 11am-3pm" or "Monday/weds/fri 10am-2pm, Tues/Thurs 11am-5pm", etc)
15. What is your estimated duration of working with us? Less than 6 months? 6 months to 1 year? Longer than a year?
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Heaven Sent Team
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org