Improv Playhouse Performing Arts Camps involve students in a fun filled, local summer programming with stellar professional staff. Each camp session will offer unique training and each camper will have the opportunity to explore and focus upon new paths of creativity in the Performing Arts. Improv Playhouse emphasizes an environment that nurtures every child as an individual artist, challenges aspiring actors and inspires theater beginners.
As a Camp Director, you will be the go-to person for all things camp at your specific camp location. Your job will include many responsibilities, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience.
Camp Director Qualities
• Ability to work with children to grow in self-development and love for the arts
• Knowledge of camp programming
• Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
• Prior experience working with children in a leadership position
• Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
• Theatre Experience: Directing a musical theatre production preferably with youth, choreography, and experience with music/vocals
• CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Camp Director Responsibilities
• Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
• Work with and supervise Counselors in a supportive manner
• Assign Counselors to specific tasks
• Greet families and campers upon arrival and orientate them to camp
• Establish emergency rules and safety procedures with campers and staff
• Plan daily camp schedule and activities
• Must participate in staff orientation and training.
• Assist in Transporting Campers to/from our Before and After Care Program
• Address stressful situations with campers and parents.
• Adapt to an extremely active environment and be on feet for most of the day
• Lift up to 20 pounds
• Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sportsmanship, and dress.
• Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
• Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents.
• Inform the directors of any camper, parent, and / or staff problems
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com