HARRIS THEATER FOR MUSIC AND DANCE
Development Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Type of position: Full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Occasional weekends and evenings
The Development Coordinator is a full-time position, reporting to the VP of Development and collaborating with the entire external affairs team to provide information, support, and services to advance fundraising efforts supporting the mission of the Harris Theater.
Primary responsibilities include entering contribution data, maintaining constituent records, generating timely donor acknowledgement letters, and providing support for donor communications. Successful candidates will work well both independently as well as part of a team, possess excellent time management skills, customer service orientation, and a thorough attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donation Processing and Acknowledgements:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all gifts, pledges, and pledge payments
- Prepare and send tax receipts and high-level donor acknowledgment letters
- Maintain internal electronic and paper files of gift information and donor correspondence
- Prepare pledge commitment forms and pledge payment reminders according to donor schedules
Donor Records Management:
- Maintain constituent records in Tessitura, identifying and recommending procedures and solutions for data accuracy, integrity and efficient use of database
- Manage campaign, fund, appeal, and special event setup and tracking in Tessitura
- Produce and proof Creative Future Fund, annual fund, membership, and sponsorship program book donor listings
- Track donor sponsorship recognition preferences and ensure consistency across all channels
- Execute onsite and electronic donor recognition projects such as donor walls and plaques and special website pages
- In collaboration with the Executive and Board Relations Assistant, manage RSVP lists for donor and audience engagement special events
- Draft and deploy event guest invitations and communications relaying arrival and departure details, COVID protocols, ticketing information, etc.
- Serve as department liaison to the Prod/Ops team
- Provide onsite event support by working Welcome Table, facilitating guest check-in, troubleshooting issues, and partnering with Operations and Events Manager to maintain communications with vendors and staff
- Compile and send weekly gift report and respond to other report requests from staff as needed, including quarterly reconciliation with Finance team, board and grant reporting, and audit needs
- Track department budget
- Assist in creation and execution of mailings to donors, including invitations, solicitations, proposals, reports, and audit letters
- Provide staff support for Board and Committee meetings, including preparation of materials, catering coordination, and room setup and cleanup
- Provide additional operational support at performances as requested
EXPECTATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As a member of the Theater team, the Development Coordinator is expected to:
- Uphold the Harris Theater’s mission to be a home for music and dance, and embody organizational core values of artistic integrity, collaboration, belonging, and respect
- Be onsite for or attend performances and events throughout the season, with a special focus on Harris Theater Presents
- Participate in organizational and regular team meetings, share ideas, and communicate openly with peers and supervisor about questions, challenges, and successes
- Maintain professional conduct and represent the Theater positively in all interactions with artists, renters, partner organizations, donors, vendors, volunteers, patrons.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in arts administration, fundraising, database support, or special events
- Strong communication and organizational skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues
- The ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and familiarity with Tessitura or other CRM software, including gift entry
SALARY RANGE AND INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
The salary range/hourly rate for this position is $38,000 to $46,000 per year plus benefits package. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Harris Theater is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, veteran, national origin, or disability status or any protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws.
As of August 16, 2021, any new hire of the Harris Theater will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to complete the Harris Theater COVID-19 Vaccination Disclosure Form during initial employee onboarding. Medical and Religious Exemption form made available upon request.
This policy is being instated based upon current public health guidance, our need for employees to physically be onsite at the theater and theater office premises to support standard and performance operations, and the current increase of COVID-19 cases within our immediate area along with the unpredictability of the current COVID-19 variant in addition to the potential of other variants.
The Harris Theater reserves the right to evaluate and modify this policy at any time based upon current public health guidance and industry standards.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com