The Harris Theater for Music and Dance seeks a temporary marketing and communications professional to join our team for the spring of 2020. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Audience Development, this position will provide support to the Theater’s marketing team while the full-time Marketing Manager is on maternity leave.
The duration will be 12-16 weeks, with an ideal start date between March 2 and March 9, 2020. Approximately 20 hours per week, mostly during 9am-5pm business hours in the Harris Theater’s administrative offices. Some evening hours may be requested for performances and events.
This role will support the marketing team in communications, ticket sales, and content development surrounding the Harris Theater Presents series, which brings artists and ensembles from around the world to Chicago. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Preparing press kits and materials for the upcoming season and updating/maintaining press contacts and tracking for the remainder of the 2019-20 season
· Developing content for promotional emails, digital marketing, brochures, subscription renewal and acquisition messaging, and other communications, and contributing to team planning meetings about messaging, audience targeting, and strategy
· Compiling program book content for remaining 2019-20 performances including artist bios, program notes, editorial content, etc.
· Working with colleagues in the marketing team to review and route collateral
· Assisting with project management, communications calendar/planning, and deadline management as needed
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications, ideally in the performing arts or creative sector; excellent writing and copy-editing skills; and a willingness to work in a collaborative, fast-paced atmosphere.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org