Lifeline Theatre is a 37-year old theatre company located in Rogers Park.
Vision: A world guided by compassion, empathy, and a willingness to change.
Mission: Lifeline Theatre interprets, explores, and reimagines books and literary works to create stories that move us beyond the margins of our own lives.
The Development Manager will be responsible for building, implementing and managing the development strategy for Lifeline Theatre. Reporting to the Managing and Artistic Directors, the Development Director will work closely with theater staff and board to achieve Lifeline’s fundraising goals.
- Create, implement and manage the annual development plan and strategy
- Lead and manage all development efforts to meet fundraising goals
- Maintain accurate accounting and tracking of fundraising goals and provide written update reports to the Board and staff on a monthly basis
- Work with Directors of Marketing and Operations to manage and leverage donor information in Lifeline data management system, Total Info
- Train and lead staff, board and interns to support development efforts
- Cultivate, nurture and grow relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors
- Working with a contract grant writer and staff members, further develop and manage grant pipeline and write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation and government funders
- Grow individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; cultivate major gifts
- Train and manage Board fundraising capacity
- Help to plan and implement all fundraising events
- Serve as lead on the annual benefit event by collaborating with internal and external contacts, including the board of directors
- Attend events such as Sneak Peaks, opening nights and outside donor events
- Develop and maintain move’s management for major gifts, board membership, and/or volunteer opportunities
- In partnership with the Nominating Committee, help establish board recruitment protocols, and participate in recruitment efforts
- Ensure that donors (individual, corporate, & foundation) receive appropriate benefits
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring interns
- As a staff member, participate in operations, production and facilities related projects and activities as needs require
- Attend all staff, board, and relevant committee meetings
- A minimum of 3 years professional fundraising experience preferably with significant foundation and high donor fundraising experience
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising and working with people
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and high degree of initiative
- Experience self-managing multiple initiatives and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on oral communication and the ability to participate in public speaking
- Excellent written communication, research, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
- Strong partnership and event planning skills
- Computer literacy, with experience in fundraising databases
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience. Understanding of theater community a plus.
Lifeline Theatre is striving to build a diverse organization at all levels. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. We encourage candidates of color and people with disabilities to apply. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Please send a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we feel there is a potential match with your skills and experience and our needs. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com