Website Lifeline Theatre
Big Stories Up Close
Lifeline Theatre has an opening for a full time Managing Director. Lifeline is a 40-year old, non-equity, nonprofit theater company specializing in original or reimagined literary adaptations.
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director as the Theatre’s executive team. The Managing Director is a leader, responsible for building an effective team internally, and cultivating a committed team to act externally in the community at large. The Managing Director is responsible for generating, directing and supervising day-to-day administrative duties and overseeing financial and facilities management, development, strategic planning and community relations. Lifeline is committed to becoming an anti-racist organization and the Managing Director co-leads this initiative.
- Strong professional background in the arts (theatre experience is a plus)
- Administrative, non-profit management, and fundraising experience required
- Experience with accounting, budgeting and financial modeling
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive, “can do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and high degree of initiative
- Experience self-managing multiple initiatives and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on analytical skills, conflict management, oral communication, and the ability to participate in public speaking
- Excellent written communication
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with people in a highly collaborative organizational structure
- Commitment to achieving high standards within limited resources and strong ability to problem solve
- Understanding of and commitment to Lifeline’s mission and vision
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience
This position is full time, salaried exempt. The weekly schedule is Monday-Friday. Some evening and weekend work is required. The salary is $49,500 per year and includes 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance.
Lifeline Theatre provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Lifeline Theatre interprets, explores, and reimagines books and other literary works to create stories that move us beyond the margins of our own lives.
Lifeline Theatre is dedicated to offering a safe, inclusive, accessible and just environment that values equity, nurtures individuality and celebrates diversity. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Lifeline is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process. If you require any accommodations in applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to implementing strategies and best-practices that dismantle racism, harassment and all forms of oppression within our company and the greater theatre community.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. We will contact you if we feel there is a potential match with your skills and experience and our needs. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org