Reporting to the Casting Director, the Lifeline Casting Intern is responsible for providing support to the Casting Director to fully cast the 2019/20 season.
Ideal Start Date: April/May 2019
Ideal End Date: September 2019
Hours: Hours will depend on audition schedule but will include weekend and evening availability as well as possible day time office hours one or two days per week
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Help Casting Director to organize and oversee all auditions for MainStage, KidSeries and Touring seasons.
- Assist in producing sides, and reproduce copies for the auditions.
- Assist in creating and reproducing audition paperwork for auditioners
- Help to secure monitors, readers, musicians, and other temporary audition staff, as needed.
- Assist in communications with auditioners from invitation and/or call-back, through regrets and thank you’s
- Help maintain records of attendance, no-shows, callbacks, feedback and other relevant info for each production casting process.
- Take notes at auditions, especially feedback from directors
- Early set up at auditions
- Assist in the management and support of monitors and director/writer, as needed
Working with Casting Director, help to schedule, organize, and oversee general auditions
- Help to secure the attendance of directors and production staff.
- Assist in the creation of relevant paperwork.
- Assist with the communication with auditioners throughout the process.
- Help secure monitors, musicians, and other temporary audition staff, as needed.
Help to oversee the maintenance of talent files.
- Strong interest in the arts
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Comfortable working on solo projects as well as collaborating with a team
- Ability to meet project deadline
Applicants must be current college sophomores, juniors, seniors or recent graduates.
Please send a letter of interest, along with a resume to email@example.com. We will contact you if we feel there is a potential match with your skills and experience and our needs. No phone calls please.
Lifeline Theatre provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org