Lookingglass Theatre Company, a nationally recognized ensemble theatre company located in Chicago, Illinois, seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Interim Production Manager. This position is temporary from June 2019 until September 2019, with exact dates to be negotiated.
Lookingglass Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
- Supervise the run of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring all maintenance needs are executed in a timely manner
- Approving any needed run crew, wardrobe crew or covers, OT, and/or schedule shifts
- Compiling finalized versions of all show paperwork
- Manage and execute the successful transfer of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein to McCarter Theatre Center including:
- Arranging shipping of props, costumes, and specialty items
- Transfer of show paperwork
- Facilitate production needs for artistic workshops such as prop, costume, scenic and scheduling support
- Manage production needs for special events following the close of Frankenstein
- Manage design process of upcoming Spring 2020 show, Her Honor Jane Byrne in conjunction with production staff and artistic leadership, including but not limited to:
- Ensure design deadlines are met
- Communicate with leadership about budget implications
- Regular communication with theatre leadership on project developments and production updates/needs
- Facilitate communication and represent performance needs at bi-weekly production department meetings
- Ensure a safe environment for all LTC employees, guests and patrons
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Background in theatrical production with prior Production Manager experience managing at least 5 shows
- Working knowledge of the CAT AEA agreement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates should apply by submitting cover letter, resume and references by email to Sarah Burnham, Production Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Interim Production Manager’. Applications will be accepted through April 19. No phone calls please.