The Assistant Manager of Audience and Accessibility Services will report directly to the Associate
Director of Audience and Accessibility Services, providing administrative and managerial support for
Audience Services. This position supervises part-time employees in box office, house management,
and concessions, coordinates accessible performances, and works closely with the business office
on daily reconciliations.
About Lookingglass Theatre Company
Lookingglass Theatre Company, recipient of the 2011 Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theater,
is a national leader in the creation and presentation of new, cutting-edge theatrical works and in
sharing its ensemble-based theatrical techniques with Chicago-area students and teachers through a
wide array of Education and Community Programs. In 2018–19 Lookingglass’ 31st Season features
three world premiere productions.
Lookingglass Theatre Company seeks to fire the imagination, celebrate the human capacity, and to
leave audience and performers changed, charged and empowered. Lookingglass combines a
physical and improvisational rehearsal process centered on ensemble with training in theatre,
dance, music, and the circus arts. We seek to redefine the limits of theatrical experience and to
make theatre exhilarating, inspirational, and accessible to all.
• Assist the Associate Director in supervising Box Office, House Management, and Concessions
• Maintain standards of customer service excellence
• Work with business office on daily box office and concessions banking, investigating and
resolving any accounting issues that may arise
• Perform management duties in the absence of the Associate Director
• Coordinate open captioned and audio description performances
• Coordinate and lead touch tours for patrons with visual impairments
• Develop and maintain standard of service for working with patrons with disabilities
• Maintain organization of office, coat check, and overstock
• Assist the Associate Director in quarterly inventories
• Continuously work to expand knowledge and understanding of ticketing software (Total Info)
• Participate in all Marketing Meetings and serve as part of marketing event staff team for
select events (openings, etc)
• Assist patrons with ticket and subscription sales, and exchanges
• Assist in coordination of subscription ticket mailings
• Maintain and implement emergency procedures
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Critical thinking
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Experience in office administration, not-for-profit experience a plus
• Experience with Ticketing, Accounting, or Database software
• Occasionally climbs ladders to access loft storage
• Occasionally carries boxes of 25-30 lbs.
• Night and weekend availability required
Lookingglass Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetics, or status as an individual with a disability. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in PDF format to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 26, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org