REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
We are searching for an Accounts Payable Associate to be responsible for providing the highest level of detail, accuracy, and customer service while processing accounts payable transactions and maintaining accounting records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
· Perform various data entry and accounting office filing tasks to assist in maintaining the currency and accuracy of the automated general ledger and related accounting records.
· Distribute incoming invoices to the proper departments for coding and approval; process weekly AP payments (electronic and physical check) and prepare them for signing.
· Interface with employees and vendors to resolve questions pertaining to payable matters.
· Assist with general ledger account reconciliation and analyses, processing necessary corrections.
· Review supporting detail and issue annual information returns for US and Foreign individuals (Form 1099 and 1042S) to independent contractors.
· Process/record daily bank deposits.
· Provide clerical support for a variety of general accounting projects; back-up other A/P, as assigned.
· Assist with monthly Inventory.
· Oversee file storage maintenance.
· As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited college.
· Minimum of one year of previous experience in a clerical accounting role.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail.
· Must have strong math aptitude.
· Must have good organization. Time management skills are essential.
· Must be proficient with Excel spreadsheet software.
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Previous payables processing experience is very desirable.
· Familiarity with related software (Microsoft Business Solutions products preferred).
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/YG6Vjig5WW/Accounts-Payable-Associate?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.