REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for an Assistant to be responsible for executive-level support of the Chief Development Officer and to also be required to regularly interact with and responsible for the needs and requests of Lyric’s highest-level and most influential donors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage the Chief Development Officer’s appointment calendar, including scheduling meetings with all internal/external personnel, and coordination of related communications and/or support materials.
· Maintain the Chief Development Officer’s phone line, ensuring that the phone is covered at all times.
· Manage the Chief Development Officer’s email inbox.
· Demonstrate ownership over all correspondence for the Chief Development Officer which includes, but is not limited to, screening all incoming correspondence, initiating responses, or forwarding to other staff members for follow-up, as appropriate.
· Perform a variety of general administrative/secretarial duties for other Development Vice Presidents, as assigned (e.g., Opening Night, Opera Ball, Wine Auction, 60th Concert), to assist with on-going departmental workload and special events.
· Provide support for the Development Department including phone coverage, preparation of CDO acknowledgement letters, meeting scheduling and set up, Graham Room reservations, etc.
· Provide support for special projects such as BOD trips, production sponsor opening night dinners, Opera Ball, Wine Auction, etc.
· Coordinate efforts with other internal staff to assure a high-level of customer service to VIP donors.
· Facilitate fulfillment of VIP ticket requests.
· Maintain accurate and timely changes to the Chief Development Officer’s portfolio in Tessitura and Plans.
· Support solicitation efforts of the Chief Development Officer related to production sponsorships and large Board of Directors’ gifts; assist with writing, preparation and proofread funding proposal documents, custom letters, and other correspondence.
· Track the Chief Development Officer’s donor solicitations in Tessitura.
· Manage the Amanda Fox internship program with Randolph College.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· 2-5 years of executive assistant experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Personal charisma and the capacity to positively represent Lyric Opera to VIP donors.
· Ability to occasionally work evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
· Fast-paced and demanding environment.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
· Ability to lift 40 pounds.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org