Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Principal Gifts
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
We are searching for an Associate Director to provide essential and flexible support to the Principal Gifts team in their work with Lyric Boards and our most generous and influential donors. Principal Gifts are defined as gifts of $1 Million and greater and the team consists of the Chief Advancement Officer, Vice President for Principal Gifts, and two Senior Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Demonstrate leadership in alignment with Lyric’s mission and vision.
● Support the team’s cultivation efforts by writing meeting briefings for the General Director, Chief Advancement Officer, Principal Gifts team members, Board Chair and other volunteers.
● Work with the Manager of Prospect Research, write or edit Research Profiles on Principal Gifts donors and prospects.
● Write and assist the team with proposals and Lifetime Support Summaries.
● Track and report on the work of the Principal Gifts team, including weekly progress reports, Principal Gifts pipeline and other metrics
● Provide project management support for Principal Gifts donor societies (Bravissimi and The Enrique Circle), including stewardship, events and recognition.
● As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● 3-5 years of development experience preferred.
● Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
● Personal charisma and the capacity to positively represent Lyric Opera to VIP donors.
● Ability to occasionally work evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
● Fast-paced and demanding environment.
● Sitting for extended periods.
● Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other office equipment.
● Ability to lift 30 pounds.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/Zifxt6FiXy/Associate-Director-Principal-Gifts?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.