Status: Part time, seasonal, non-exempt
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
- Sustain a safe, secure and friendly environment for all Opera House patrons
- Search bags or other belongings brought into Opera House for prohibited items
- Prevent the loss of or damage to any Lyric Opera House assets
- Visually observe patrons and your immediate area, reporting all security and safety hazards.
- Post-curtain, on designated shows, monitor front of house security cameras throughout performance.
- Provide a deterrent to possible disruptive and/or unlawful behavior, responding to incidents as required
- Assist patrons in emergency situations, including patron accidents, house evacuations, or related incidents that may occur, including monitoring of assigned house exits and maintaining an awareness of crowd management issues, in order to alert supervisory or security personnel to problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous security officer and/or bag search experience preferred
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois PERC card (Permanent Employee Registration Card) and an Illinois security guard license
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required licensing documents at all times, and must carry the PERC card and license at all times while on duty.
- Effective customer-service orientation, a clean and well-groomed professional appearance, and “team player” abilities are essential.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to four hours) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org