REPORTS TO: Manager, Boards
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision as they relate to the activities and events of Lyric’s Guild Board of Directors, Chapters Executive Board, and Lyric Young Professionals Board.
· Alongside the Manager, Boards, provide concierge-level customer service to board members and manage the day-to-day function of the Guild Board of Directors, Chapters Executive Board, and Lyric Young Professionals Board, including:
o Maintaining accurate and detailed contact information for Board members in Tessitura, board directory, and digital files, proofing Board listings regularly for programs.
o Track Board engagement, giving, and participation through database and files.
o Prepare and track annual dues.
o Develop and maintain filing system for member files, activities, events.
· Generate all Board meeting materials and logistics, including:
o Creation of packets, reports, and agendas.
o Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
o Manage invitations and track responses.
o Prepare and assemble meeting folders.
o Manage seating and vendors such as catering and A/V.
· Alongside the Senior Director of the Boards and Special Events and the Manager, Boards, manage board-related events, especially LYP Halloween, Family Day, Musical Celebration After Party, and the All-Chapters Social, including:
o Tracking responses
o Writing copy
o Maintaining files
o Coordinating production and design of print pieces
o Producing escort cards and place cards for seating
o Responding to inquiries
o Managing vendors
· Assist with implementation of fundraising Galas as needed, including Opening Night, the Musical Gala, and the triennial Wine Auction.
· As the business evolves, so may this role; these duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· 1+ years experience in Development or related field.
· 1+ years experience working directly with a volunteer board.
· Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
· Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
· Ability and flexibility to oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
· Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, to handle other office equipment, and to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Must be able to work remotely through at least June 30, 2021. When staff return to the office, this position will have a combination of working onsite and working remotely.
TO APPLY: https://lyricopera.applytojob.com/apply/mFuGNewCxK/Coordinator-Boards-Guild-Board-Chapters-And-Lyric-Young-Professionals?source=League+of+Chicago+Theatres
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.