Lyric Opera of Chicago
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Volunteer Boards
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
Through artistic excellence coupled with innovative, relevant programming; initiatives to connect with and grow new audiences; engagement with communities to ignite creativity across Chicago; and a modernized Opera House that is the setting for truly great experiences, Lyric is leading the advancement of opera. This collaborative vision will deliver ever more exciting, thought-provoking and inclusive audience and community experiences – while increasing the gravitational pull of our art form, our company, and our city.
Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Coordinator, Volunteer Boards will work alongside the Boards team to facilitate the operations of the Women’s Board and The Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center Board, including Board meeting coordination, maintenance of records, and digital communications. Alongside the Senior Manager, Volunteer Boards, this Coordinator will be a primary contact for the Presidents and Board leadership of the Women’s Board and Ryan Opera Center Board. The Coordinator will also assist the Boards and Events team in all Board-related galas and events, including Wine Auction, occurring in May. This position requires availability to work evenings from May 8-13, including the weekend of May 12, to support the Boards and Events team in Wine Auction 2023.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision as they relate to the activities and events of Lyric’s Women’s Board and Ryan Opera Center Board.
- Alongside the Senior Manager, Volunteer Boards, provide concierge-level customer service to board members and execute the day-to-day function of the Women’s Board and Ryan Opera Center Board, including:Maintaining accurate and detailed contact information for Board members in Tessitura, board directory, and digital files, proofing Board listings regularly for programs
- Serving as primary communication liaison to Board Presidents and leadership
- Liaise between the Boards Office and Ryan Opera Center staff for operations of the Ryan Opera Center Board
- Track Board engagement, giving, and participation through database and files
- Prepare and track annual dues
- Develop and maintain filing system for member files, activities, events
- Generate all Board meeting materials and logistics, including:Creation of packets, reports, and agendas
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Manage invitations and track responses
- Prepare and assemble meeting folders
- Coordinate seating and vendors such as catering and A/V
- Alongside the Senior Manager, Volunteer Boards and Senior Manager, Fundraising Events, provide assistance to board-related fundraising events, especially the Season Opening Gala, Musical Celebration, the Ryan Opera Center Gala, and ancillary events related to Wine Auction, including:Facilitating communications about fundraising events to the Boards
- Executing reservation process
- Maintaining sponsorship records
- Responding to inquiries
- As the business evolves, so may this role; these duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 1+ years experience in Development or related field
- 1+ years experience working directly with volunteers (volunteer board a strong plus)
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:Microsoft suite of products
CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to adapt communications based on audience
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team
- Ability and flexibility to oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, to handle other office equipment, and to lift up to 25 pounds.
Job Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary is $40,000-$43,000
Lyric Opera offers benefits including health, dental, vision, 403B (no company match), 401(k) with company match, PTO (including sick, vacation, and personal days, and holidays), life/AD&D coverage, opportunities for professional development, and complimentary tickets.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Apply at the link below.
To apply for this job please visit lyricopera.applytojob.com.